Looking for ways to login your router? Did you see 192.168.0.1 ? You might have seen it at your home router. Ever wondered what is it? and why does every router comes with this number? This is not just with you. Often people have such questions about it. Don’t worry, we are here to give answers to all of your questions. Even if you know already about 192.168.0.1 Router login, but having problem in logging in or resetting password, we are here to guide you.
Here we will tell you about 192.168.0.1, and how you can use it.
And by the way, this covers everything related to ;
- 1 What is 192.168.0.1?
- 2 How to Login 192.168.0.1 Router
- 3 192.168.0.1 Default Admin Login and Password
- 4 Unable to Access 192.168.0.1 Admin Link
- 5 192.168.0.1 refused to connect error
What is 192.168.0.1?
We all know that our computers have IP addresses as its identity. Similarly, all routers we use at home comes with an IP address. However, difference here is that the each computer is given a unique IP address for its identification whereas routers may have same IP address, and mostly do have it. This is because our computers are assigned with public IP addresses, but Routers have private IP addresses.
All the Dlink and Netgears routers have the IP address 192.168.0.1. Maximum routers you will find will have this IP address. A few would be using different addresses.
IANA is the regulatoroy body which handles the IP addresses. It has introduced IPv4 standard but the public IP addresses were limited. As it wasn’t possible to give all internet enabled devices a unique identification, Internet engineering task force(IETF) decided to assign private IP addresses. IANA and IETF together reserved the private IP addresses in three different block namely Class A, Class B and Class C. CLass A and B were are for large networks where a large number of devices can be connected. Class C is assigned for home routers because they are small and easy to control. It can connect up to 254 devices on the network.
That’s the reason the 192.168.0.1 is the default IP address of routers.
How to Login 192.168.0.1 Router
You can always login 192.168.0.1 router for advanced settings. If you are new to router, and don’t know how to login to access your router configuration, follow these steps to login 192.168.0.1-
- First you need to connect your router with your computer. To establish a connection between these two, you can choose wired or wireless connection mode, whatever suits you.
- Open your browser and type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar of the browser.
- Click enter to open the web page. You will now get a page asking you to enter your username and password.
- Enter your username and password to access the 192.168.0.1 router. In case, you don’t have it and logging in for the first time, you can find your username and password printed in the package of router along with serial number. Also, you may try entering admin in both username and password as most of the routers have it as default credentials.
- Once you have entered it, click login. It will open the router management console where you can set your preferences in router settings.
192.168.0.1 Default Admin Login and Password
Still getting problem in signing in to your 192.168.0.1 IP address router, then we have here a default 192.168.0.1 admin login and password list of common routers. Check them out to get your login credentials-
How to Reset 192.168.0.1 Router Password?
If you don’t remember the password of the router you have set earlier you can reset it. But the only way to get a new password is to rest the router to default factory settings. Each router has a hidden button to reset it to factory settings. You will need to use that button to get back a new password of your router so that you can again access your router management console.
Follow these steps to reset your password of 192.168.0.1 Router-
- Search for the reset button on your router, you may find it at the side or back of router.
- Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds, until all the LED lights of router blink.
- It will set your password to default, now you can login again. Open your browser and enter https:/192.168.0.1/ in the address bar of your browser tab. Click Enter.
- The page with username and password fields will open. As you have reset your router to default factory settings, you will need to use the default username of password of router. After logging in the router console you can again change your password but set something which you can’t forget.
Unable to Access 192.168.0.1 Admin Link
Often users complaint that they are Unable to Access 192.168.0.1 Admin Link. When they try to access it they get a web page error “Page unavailable 404” or “ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT”. Are you getting same error while accessing the admin link? Here are the possible ways to fix this error and access 192.168.0.1 Admin Link-
1- Check your IP address
It is possible that you may have entered the wrong IP address in the address bar. You might have skipped a digit or entered wrong digit. So please check it once again and enter the correct IP. If this is not the case with you, your router might have a different IP address. Follow steps to find out your correct IP address-
- Open the command prompt. (Press Windows+R and type CMD)
- Type “ipconfig /all” in it.
- Click Enter.
- It will open the information window. Look for Default Gateway.
- You will see an IP address in front of Default gateway. That is your router’s IP address. Use this IP address and try again accessing admin link.
2- Type https instead of http
Check whether you are using ‘https’ in the admin link or ‘http’. Browsers often deny to open ‘http’ addresses for security reasons. Make sure you are typing ‘https’ in the admin link.
3- Reboot your Router
You may not be able to access your 192.168.0.1 admin link because of router. Sometimes, after a long period of continuous work of router males the webinterface unavailable. If above mentioned ways didn’t work for you, you can try rebooting your router to make that web interface available once again. To reboot your 192.168.0.1 router-
- Turn off the the power button of router that you will find near connection slots.
- Wait for 2 minutes.
- Now, restart your router by turning the button on and try to access link again.
4- Check Browser settings
If still unable to access the admin link of 192.168.0.1 router, check for your browser settings. Your browser might have problem with proxy because of which you are not able to access web interface. Check for the below mentioned settings in your browser-
- In your internet settings go to the connection tab and click LAN settings button. It will open the local connection setting window. Make sure that for local addresses proxy is disabled.
- Make sure that your browser doesn’t have any extension installed which can change IP addresses and routes.
- In the end, go to the browser settings and click on reset button to set it to default settings.
If you are still getting error try using a different browser to access the link.
5- Check for network problems
Common network problems could be the reason of getting error while trying to access admin link. For this you need to ensure that-
- Your network connection is active.
- In your network settings option to automatically obtain IP/DNS is enabled.
- If static is IP is enabled, then it can conflict with your LAN connection. Change it to automatic option.
- After this clear the host files and remove the static routes. Also disable your antivirus and try again using your admin link.
If you are not able to enable these settings you can also try Net Adapter repair all in one utility. This software will do it automatically.
192.168.0.1 refused to connect error
Another error you may get while trying to access router console is connection refused error. 192.168.0.1 refused to connect error can be solved by usiy the following tips-
- Reset your Router- this problem can arise because of your router. You must reset your router first to gain access to the console page. To reset your router press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
Once all LED’s blink, wait for 2 minutes and try using web interface again.
Hope you have now found solutions to all of your 192.168.0.1 router access problems. If you have any other solutions please share with us.